Monday 15 December 2008

Hi everybody,

I've been off work for a few days and have been Christmas shopping in Harrogate, just about done now! On Saturday I travelled up to Durham on the Harrogate Town team coach for our FA Trophy tie with Durham City. Although Durham are two divisions below us, they have had an awesome season to date and I knew it was going to be tricky, especially as they play on an artificial pitch. I have seen artificial surfaces on TV but this was the first time I had seen one at first hand. The snow of the previous week had given way to very heavy rain just to make things even more difficult. Town have been on a bad run and sadly this continued with a 2-0 defeat. It was a subdued journey home. I was sat near the Chairman who barely spoke at all!

It's a shame also that England lost the 1st Test in India. In fairness India are an awesome side and with the events in their country over the last few weeks, England had no chance to get any practice in.

I just can't wait for Christmas. Obviously things are a little different from when I was a kid but I still get as excited as ever! My next blog will be on Thursday when I will reveal a pre-Christmas tradition upheld by myself and my Dad.

See ya!

No comments: