Thursday 18 December 2008

CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to tell you about my little annual bit of fun I have before Christmas. Usually we try to do this on Christmas Eve or the nearest convenient day and in the case of this year it is tomorrow.
I will be going into Harrogate to meet Tim (a guy I have known for a while from Harrogate Town). We go to the Snooker club for a few games (my snooker is worse than my German by the way!) and then for fish and chips at a seafood restaurant. I always have the Jumbo Haddock and chips which in true Yorkshire tradition comes with bread and butter - mushy peas are also traditionally served but I'm not a fan to be honest. I wash all this down with lemonade (the alcohol comes a bit later). It's fair to say that Tim's appetite is not as huge as mine and he can never understand where I put it all!
We then move on to the 'Tap and Spile' which is a very good real ale pub and has been a favourite for a long time! Here I will meet my Dad and also his workmates both past and present who have made this an annual get together for many years. We usually just prop up the bar (the pub is quite small) and have a natter about sport. I usually know my limits when it comes to beer but I can get rather carried away at this festive time of year!

I would be interested to know if any of you have any pre-Christmas rituals.
There will be one more blog from me before Christmas.

See ya!

No comments: